FREE FAIRY/FAERIE PATTERNS
- I will divide the links for these patterns into two groups: those that fall into the “cute” category I will call “Fairy Patterns” and those that fall into darker/ethereal side I will call “Faerie Patterns”.
- Please note that I don’t require each pattern to litterally have a fairy in it….it just has to pertain to “fairy”.
- Shameless “hidden” plug – Don’t forget to check out my podcast! Just go to the home page….
FAERIE PATTERNS – THE ETHEREAL OR DARKER ONES
- Brooke’ Collumn of Leaves Scarf by Brooke Nelson
- Dragon Scales Shawl by Carissa from CarissaKnits
- Dragonscale Gauntlets by Annemarie from Chartreuse knits
- The Changeling Shawl by Linda S Davis from The Tail Spinner
- Cinderella’s Kingfisher Cape by Huan-Hua Chye from Purlesence
- Leaves and waves shawl by Cat Coyle from Knitty
- Dragon wings shawl by Robyn from The Yarn Path
- Woodland Shawl by The Thrifty Knitter
- Mead Scarf Pattern by Elizabeth Morrison from Stash Amassed Beyond Life Expectancy
- Beaded Cami by Nora from Black Dog Knits
- Combo Corset T – from Knitty Gritty Television programme
- Spiderweb veil hat by from Knitscene
- A Knotty hat by Professor Kniwit from Professor Knitwit
- Jester hat, Hex hat and others by Woolly Wormhead
- 9 x “Story tellers “ patterns from Purlesence
- Rivendell hat by Hanna B in Mag knits
- Elfine socks by Anna from My Fashionable Life
- Simple Ginny socks by Anna Peck from Knitting up a Storm
- Firenze The Centaur Socks by Peppermint Elf from ElfKnits
- Jaden by Ruby Lo, published in Knitty. ( A low neckline, graceful sweater)
- Alatus by CanarySanctuary from Canary Knits.
- Felted slippers by Drops Design
- Sheild knot Bracelet by Teresa from Knituition
- Lace up Opera Gloves by Ysolda
- Twisted Maiden Fingerless Gloves by Anushka from Magic Fingers
- Durrow cable Pattern by The Girl from Auntie
- Asphyxiation chocker by Severina – published in The Anticraft
FAIRY PATTERNS – THE CUTE AND SWEET ONES
- Buttercream Cake from Berrocco
- Fairy Dishcloth by Ra-Ann Clegg from Wicketstich
- Dragon in Zerrog toy patterns from Aussie Jean’s Toy Knitting Patterns
- Vintage Fairy doll – from Vintagepurls NB: Scroll down page on site to find the doll.
- Minature Pumpkins by Wool Winder from Wool Windings
- Woodins by Anna Hrachovec, published in Knitty
- Sally the Eco fairy by Jennie Everleigh Lamond, published in Knitty
- Pumpkins by Jordana Paige, Published in Knitty.
- Knits for a Elf (hat and booties) by Dropped a Stitch
- Knit Knut hat by Sarah Bradbury from Knitting-and.com - NB. this hat reminds me of the gumnut babies hats from Snuggle pot and cuddlepie by May Gibbs
- Sweet Sixteen Revisted hat by Sarah Bradbury from Knitting-and.com -not strictly fairy but somehow it reminds me a bit of rose red if you played with the colours a bit.
- Witches Hat by Margaret Radcliffe from Maggie’s raggs
- Ada June Hat by Stephanie Salomone from Mag Knits May 2007
- Pinky Hat by John Brinegar published by Knitty Summer 05
- Heraldic Lion Sweater by Laurie Kynaston from Vintage knits.com
- The Weasley Sweater by Alison Hansel from The Blue Blog
- Finger puppets by Melissa Bell from Crochet Me
- Gryphon Chart by Inner Child Crochet there’s a golden snitch down the bottom of the pattern page
- Elf Stitchette Pattern by Hillary Lang from Wee Wonderfuls
- Free Cross stitch patterns from ABC - but you do have to register to get them…some are “fantasy” some flowers etc.
- Fairy and Mermaid embroidery designs from Needlecrafter – You need to click on Library then designs then fantasy.
- Tales of Wonder Chart by Jennifer L. Aikman-Smith. Cross stitch. Published by The Caron Collection. NB: They have a monthly designer sportlight do this may have changed by the time you take a peak – but they do have archives
- Hex Inverter from 35 pixels (blog)
- Free online graph paper - so you can make your own.
- Fairy Wings by Sarah Bradbury from Knitting-and.com my Dad made me a similar pair from purple stocking when I was young
Thanks to the following listeners for helping to find free fairy patterns: