- Thanks to those listeners who have joined the $1 challenge over the last month or so and left comments on the site to share their treasure.
- Thanks also to those who have dropped by and said “Hi” on Ravellry. Unsuprisingly I am listed as “changeling” with the same image as for the show.
- There are two new podcasts to announce – The Crochet Side – hosted by Brianna and Knit Sibs – hosted by sisters Valerie, Gloria and Julianne.
THE ANNECDOTE – The Perils of Public Knitting
- In this podcast I regale you with a knitting travel story – brought to you by State Rail.
- My current knitting project, now accidentally sprayed with Coke (-a cola), is the Notre Dame de Grace jumper by Veronik Avery.
THE THRIFTY KNITTER
- Through looking through a number of webrings I recently found a free pattern for “The Changeling Shawl” by Linda S Davis from The Tail Spinner.
- I wondered what other free fairy patterns I might find.
- I consulted Aimee from Fairie Knits podcast and she suggested the Candle Flame Shawl from KnitPicks.
- I also found the following free “fairy” patterns:
The Jesters Hat and Hexed Hat by Wooly Wormhead ( directions to both hats on same page)
Lace up Opera Gloves by Ysolda
As well as about 20 other patterns that I will link to on a separate page on this site – please check them out. If you know of a free fairy pattern please comment or email me and let me know and we’ll see what we can do about building up this list
VISITS TO THE YARN STORE
- In this episode we met the character of Simone.
- Simone has bought some roving, or maybe a Spindle.
- A former student of mine produces a ZINE called Branches with Leaves wich features her phototgraphy.
- The fact that other people are motivated enough to produce their own creative work for it’s own sake is very inspiring to me.
- This episode feature the song “Travel” by The Wyrd Sisters and music entitled “Fairy Tale” by Catya Mare
- All music from today’s podcast came from The Podsafe Music Network.