- Hello to everyone and happy 2008!
Thanks to those people who have dropped me a line on Ravellry or via email or added me to their friends list. It is much appreciated.
- There have been quite a few new podcasts popping up, such as
- Gwendolen’s Gifts
- Knitting at night and
- Stitch it.
- Also check out Knitterati – a cool videocast.
- And if you’re in Orange, NSW – you could pop by a shop called Caboodle, on Ansen St.
- In this podcast I tell a story about my ineffectual knitted Christams gift – that I will have fond memories of even though the recipient may never remember it and the gift may already be sitting in a bin somewhere.
THE THRIFTY CRAFTER
- In this episode I mention a phenonomen that I’ve noticed since I’ve begun to tell people about my crafty ways – people will give you supplies. I call it “scouting”, as in, others will scout out things for you…anyone know of a cheap spinning wheel?????
- An in my own “scouting” I have found that Eco Yarns are having a sale on soysilk and bamboo fibre – it’s discounted by %75 and there’s only a small amount left – good luck.
VISITS TO THE YARN STORE
- This weeks character was inspired by my own visit to Dubbo in NSW, over the Christmas period. I have visited the country before, of course, but this time I’d primed my husband to stop at any open and interesting yarn stores…problem was… I couldn’t find any???????
- Inspiration is such a personal thing and yet I try to define it once again.
- I have found some inspiration in a park
- on a blog: Her Eyes Shone like Emeralds Of The Deepest Hue – (Don’t you just love the title?)
- and in the Australian magazine Textile
- All music from this podcast can be found at the Podsafe Music Network
- I played: “Land of Misfit Toys” by A Sunken Ship Irony and
- “Share” by Leerone