You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘dyeing’ tag.
This week I had fun with a Romper Room magic mirror and tried to thank all those who have left a comment recently. I really appreciate it and it really does keep the podcast going.
I also enjoyed putting the cluster map on the site and seeing where people are visiting form. I love having one listener in Trinidad, for example.
- New Knitting podcasts: Spun in the Sun and Electric Sheep
- New to me psychology podcasts: Shrink Wrap Radio and Wise Counsel
- Here is the Australian Etsy Sellers list
- Here is the link to MADE IT – an Australian online craft site
- This episode I talk about my trip to the dentist where I got a healthy dose of knitting conversation along with my check up.
- Some mentions on Ravellry and Alan Dart.
- I’ve done some reasonably successful Jelly Crystal dyeing but wanted to experiment with the Rhonda Trounce Dyes that my Mum passed on to me.
- Whilst waiting for the yarn to simmer and absorb the dye I decided to learn Tatting.
- Totusmel has some cool instructables and a utube video for tatting.
- I used them both in order to make this flower
- Here is the fibre in the pot – I’m reasonably happy with the colours.
- Here is the resulting yarn
- What pattern shall I knit with it? I have about 15o metres of sportweight yarn.
- I found “The Yarn Collective” – an outlet for indie dyers and sellers in australia.
- What happens when the cafe` you chose to knit or stitch in is actually a wine bar?
- Today’s word is Snollygoster!
- I’m getting these beauties from Save the Words
- In this episode you will meet lorraine – who seems to have some interesting theories on Yarn – the product and/or Yarn – the magazine.
- Many thanks to Wendy from Wendy’s Modest Dress for sending me my first podcaster pressie, which I am obviously very chuffed about. I received four gorgeous skeins of hand dyed yarn in the colourway “Antony and Cleopatra” – beautiful purples and aqua’s.
- Wendy sells custom handmade sock bags as well as fibre…check it out here.
- Thanks also to Andrea and Cindy who have joined me in the Pay It Forward Swap…some time in the next 6 months you will recieve…a mystery something. There is still one place left – you just have to sign up on my personal blog – Changelingthings
- Thanks to Yan Tan Tethera from Ravelry for sharing her instructions for the boarder of her pinwheeel baby blanket.
- A long overdue thank you to those of you who have left reviews on itunes – it’s very much appreciated.
- Thanks to those who have left comments on the site or contacted me through Ravelry to let me know you enjoy the show or make friends. It’s great fun to see where you are all from, and really helps encourage me to keep going with this.
- I am still working on the TAST Challenge, whilst others are working on the TIF challenge.
- These challenges are kindly set up by Sharon b from In a Minute ago
- I did a little sampler/picture using Basque Stitch
- I finally did some Jelly Crystal yarn dyeing.
- I used the instructions in Yarn Magazine – issue one.
- I called the resulting yarn…”Butterfly Garden”
- My not so secret hidey hole was infiltrated the last time I visited and so I had to visit the competition. Hear what happened in the podcast…
- Ever had a bad day at work and retreated to the yarn store to ground yourself?
- You might like Selina’s story….
- This weeks inspiration is a movie review by an anonymous mother.
- It is for the movie Smart People.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the “what you say” collumn to take a look.