You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘craft’ tag.
Thanks to everyone who has emailed or commented or pm’d me on Ravellry. I think I’ve got back to you all but if not…give me a shove and I will because I appreciate all your good wishes and prods to get back to podcasting.
Thanks to Gigi and Jasmine from The Knitmore Girls for playing my promo.
VICTORIAN BUSHFIRE APPEAL
- You can donate money to The Red Cross
- You can enter a drawing after you donate and get your receipt at Serendipity
- See Handmade Help for craft items up for auction, or to donate items, or to find drop off points for your handmade blankets, scarves etc…
- See Ecoyarns to contribute to a collection of craft items or coles vouchers for those affected by the fire.
- The following podcasts are returning (Yay!) Christa Knits, Stitch Stud and his Bride, SSK.
- Also Maria Theresa from Knitting time together is planning to return so keep your eye out.
- Check out the new Australian podcast Craft Cartel which comes up on my itunes as Radical Cross Stitch. It’s great, mate.
- Wendy has been organising KAL’s. She’s just taken down the page for them though but you can find them here. I’m linking to her handdyed fibre and yarn page where you can purchase some lovely yarn if it takes your fancy. I really like that kettle dyed mauvey colour. She also sells patterns here.
- Another installment in the make of the Threepenny Pullover by Veronik Avery.
- I’ve decided to forgo the edging on the cuffs – being as the arms are long enough already.
- I have a spinning wheel – an Ashf0rd Traditonal lent to me by my SIL – I love it.
- The halfway decent yarn I have produced.
- I recently found some lovely yarns at Ecoyarns…I had some Christmas money to spend…yay for Christmas money.
- I’ve enjoyed teasing my husband with pictures of Art yarn from Intertwined by pluckyduck. He doesn’t particulalry like the slubbyness…but he’s ok with the colours so I can experiment with a yarn for him – of course I can always experiment with a yarn for me too. And I will!
- I’ve found the $10 swap group in Ravellry!
- I am still trying to find a starbuckles replacement – why is it that everyone thinks I’m a complementary childcare worker whenever I pull out my knitting or stitching?
- I’ve found save the words.org which has a wallpaper of endangered words.
- Today’s word lost in the woods is “secability”.
- Can you supply and sentances for lost words?
- Today we have a listen to Katie’s visit to the yarn store.
- Ever had one of those days where you walk into everything? Or is that just me?
- Many of you asked how I went in the writing course. It was a fabulous course and I enjoyed it very much. I did pretty well marks – wise to0, so I was happy.
- BUT – I find writing quite hard…so I was incredibly excited and relieved to find this talk by Elizabeth Glibert.